Welcome to South West Midwifery – Your Houston, TX Midwife!
We believe that conception, pregnancy, labor and birth are normal and natural events in women’s lives that have natural physiological processes. Most women are able to have a completely natural, unmedicated birth outside of the hospital if they wish. We believe and support a woman’s right to choose where she wants to have her baby. Our role is to assist women in the greater Houston area through pre-conception, pregnancy, and the birth process. We follow our clients through 6 weeks postpartum care.
Birth is a dynamic experience, and each birth is as unique as the woman and child involved.
Whether your birth is at home in the Houston area, or Pristine OB GYN Birth and Wellness located in Houston, Rose provides knowledgeable support for your particular birth experience. Having the skills to support families birthing outside the hospital in the safest way makes families feel like they can have a safe and enjoyable experience. When circumstances arise that make an out-of-hospital birth no longer safe, the Doctors at Pristine OB GYN are ready to assume care in the hospital.
South West Midwifery provides personalized midwife services including:
- Preconception counseling
- Birth (home birth, birth center birth, or montrice care)
- Prenatal visits and Postpartum care
- VBAC / HBAC Vaginal Birth After Cesarean / Home Birth After Cesarean
- Water birth and Pool Rental
- Monitrice care (Planned hospital birth with midwifery care at home during labor and postpartum)
- Herbal support
- Well-woman care
- Midwife for the greater Houston area, including: The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Katy, Friendswood, Peraland, League City, Richmond, Spring, Humble, Kingwood, Clear Lake City, Stafford, Jersey Village, Cypress, and Missouri City
- Hablamos Español
Our passion lies in empowering women to have their birth experience out of the hospital. Whether it is a home birth or birth center birth, we love helping women to have exactly the birth they are looking forward to.
Now imagine a gentle birth experience where you are empowered and trusted to know what your body needs, and an experienced midwife there to support you and ensure safety for you and your baby. We can help you have the natural birth you want.
Give us a call today to set up a meeting and consultation in the Houston area.
We look forward to walking with you through whatever stage you’re at, from trying to conceive, to pregnancy, birth, and beyond!