One of the many benefits of working with South West Midwifery is that you will always have an unrushed appointment, with time and a safe place to ask any questions you might have.
South West Midwifery provides personalized, professional care, including:
Comprehensive Prenatal, Birth, and Postnatal Care
- Preconception Counseling
The main goals of preconception care are to promote healthy habits, to discern potential obstacles to pregnancy, and to take steps to reduce risk factors that might affect a future pregnancy. I can offer fertility-promoting actions, and support you in implementing any necessary lifestyle and behavioral changes.
- Prenatal Care
I combine decades of experience supporting pregnant women, along with my studies in
herbology and homeopathic approaches, I offer a woman-centered approach to your prenatal care.Prenatal appointments are family-friendly; and I allow ample time for each meeting, so you will never feel hurried through, or have long waiting times!
- Natural Birth
Whether your birth is at home or The Retreat Birth Center of El Paso, or at an El Paso hospital, South West Midwifery provides knowledgeable support for your particular birth experience.
- Home Birth
- Birth Center Birth
- Monitrice Care (Planned hospital birth with midwifery care at home during labor and postpartum).
- Relaxation techniques for a gentle, natural birth
- VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Section)
Babies don’t come with instruction manuals, but they can come with a good midwife who can help get your family off to a beautiful start!
- Complete physical exam of the newborn after birth
- Postpartum education for the new family
- Postpartum visits
- Newborn screening tests
- Pulse oximetry testing, jaundice checks, and weight assessment for the newborn
- Connecting you to a wonderful local resource network for additional breastfeeding support, parenting groups, acupuncture, massage, etc.
- Breastfeeding support
Women are often perplexed by the physical effects of pregnancy (and birth, and menstruation, and menopause, etc!) on their digestion, muscles, stamina and emotional well-being.
We can help you navigate the waters of what is and isn’t safe, and offer effective, natural options for your best pregnancy and birth, and beyond.